Thursday 4 April 2013

April Reading

So, this is my April to read list. Odds are I'll finish more than the three below, but these are the novels I'm most looking forward to.

 

River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay

Released on the 2nd April, this is the book I'm most excited about this month. Kay is one of my favourite writers, so of course I'd read anything he writes. But River of Stars, like his last book Under Heaven, is also set in Kitai (aka China). And since I call the Middle Kingdom home these days, I'm extra-curious to see his take on it.

 

 

 

 

Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed

I've heard a lot of good things about this book, and I've been meaning to read it for a while. Finding out it got nominated for a Hugo Award just spurred me on. I actually know very little about the plot (although I've heard it described as Arabian epic fantasy) but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.



 

 

Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

Not fantasy, this one. But I try to read outside my genre ghetto occasionally and figured I'd give this one a try - it won the Man Booker Prize last year, and Mantel's prose looks stunning. Also, Anne Boleyn! Who doesn't want to read about the queens of old?





No comments:

Post a Comment